Jack Nathan Health
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform about the types of personal information Jack Nathan Health collects, uses and discloses. It explains how we use and disclose that information, the choices people have regarding such use and disclosure.
The Ten Principles of PIPEDA Summarized
1. Accountability: organizations are accountable for the personal information they collect, use, retain and disclose in the course of their commercial activities, including, but not limited to, the appointment of a Chief Privacy Officer.
2. Identifying Purposes: organizations are to explain the purposes for which the information is being used at the time of collection and can only be used for those purposes.
3. Consent: organizations must obtain an Individual’s express or implied consent when they collect, use, or disclose the individual’s personal information.
4. Limiting Collection: the collection of personal information must be limited to only the amount and type that is reasonably necessary for the identified purposes.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: personal information must be used for only the identified purposes, and must not be disclosed to third parties unless the Individual consents to the alternative use or disclosure.
6. Accuracy: organizations are required to keep personal information in active files accurate and up-to-date.
7. Safeguards: organizations are to use physical, organizational, and technological safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure.
8. Openness: organizations must inform their clients and train their employees about their privacy policies and procedures.
9. Individual Access: an individual has a right to access personal information held by an organization and to challenge its accuracy if need be.
10. Provide Recourse: organizations are to inform clients and employees of how to bring a request for access, or complaint, to the Chief Privacy Officer, and respond promptly to a request or complaint by the individual.
Collection of Personal Information
We always collect personal information by fair and lawful means. For example, you may provide your personal information when you complete a contest ballot form or submit an inquiry. You may also provide your personal information when you use one of our sites, including by creating entering a contest, signing up for email communications or participating in a survey.
We may also collect your demographic data, such as your gender and postal code, when you provide this information to us. Demographic data may be used to tailor your experience on our sites and the communications you receive from us.
An individual’s consent will be obtained before or at the time of collecting personal information. The purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of the personal information will be provided to the individual at the time of seeking his or her consent. From time to time, we may collect, use or disclose personal information based on user consent and as permitted by law. Once consent is obtained from the individual to use his or her information, Jack Nathan Health has the individual’s implied consent to collect or receive any supplementary information that is necessary to fulfill the same purposes.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information will be used for only those purposes to which the individual has consented as permitted under PIPEDA.
We collect anonymous information about any user of our sites. This anonymous information may include a user’s browser type, geolocation, demographics (if available), type of computer operating system, and the domain name of the website from which the user linked to our sites. This information is collected for Jack Nathan Health’s internal use, such as to enhance website security, to detect broad demographic trends, to assist Jack Nathan Health in providing content tailored to a user’s interests and to otherwise enhance the user experience on our sites.
We may use a “cookie” or similar technology to assist us to customize our sites. A “cookie” is a data file that a website sends to a user’s computer while that user is viewing the site. These data files include information that allows a website to remember information that will make that user’s use of the website more efficient and helpful to him or her.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Information
Generally, we do not disclose your personal information, and where we do, we will identify to whom and for what purposes the disclosure will be made, and will obtain your consent to such disclosure. In any case, we only disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law. PIPEDA permits Jack Nathan Health to disclose personal information to third parties, without an individual’s knowledge and consent, to:
• a lawyer representing Jack Nathan Health;
• collect a debt owed to Jack Nathan Health by the individual or client;
• comply with a subpoena, a warrant or an order made by a court or other body with appropriate jurisdiction;
• a law enforcement agency in the process of a civil or criminal investigation;
• a government agency or department requesting the information; or, as required by law.
The jacknathanhealth.com website has physical and technical measures in place to ensure the security of information. It uses state-of-the-art technology to safeguard data. The security of all personal information collected through our sites is of utmost importance to us. We have taken reasonable technical, contractual, administrative and physical security steps to protect the personal information collected through our sites, consistent with standard industry practice and the sensitivity of the personal information collected.
Links to Other Sites
Our sites may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Jack Nathan Health. Jack Nathan Health is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites, including websites operated by affiliated entities. We provide such links only as a convenience and the inclusion of a link on any of our sites does not imply endorsement of the linked to website by Jack Nathan Health. Jack Nathan Health also, recommends that users review the privacy policies of third-party websites arrived at from links on our sites before using those websites.
Questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement
If you need further assistance, please contact the Jack Nathan Health Legal Department either by writing to us at Jack Nathan Health, 94 Guelph Street, Georgetown, ON CA, by telephone 416-637-2240 or by contacting us via the contact us page at www.jacknathanhealth.com.
Privacy Statement Updates
Jack Nathan Health reserves the right to make changes in this Privacy Statement. Such changes will take effect immediately upon posting. For your convenience, the last revised date of the current Privacy Statement will be posted at the top of this page. By continuing to interact with us following such changes, including by using our Sites, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not continue using our Sites.
This Privacy Statement is governed by, and interpreted and enforced in accordance with, the laws in force in the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada (excluding any conflict of laws, rule or principle which might refer such interpretation to the laws of another jurisdiction).
Last updated: March 16th, 2020